Friday, July 07, 2006

By the numbers...

Applications sent out: 6
Interviews scheduled: 4
Jobs offered: 0

Trants is a little stressed, folks. Scholar had a good hit ratio going there, but nothing has come of it. He had one shaky interview and three solid ones, but in examining the district websites, I feel dishearteningly certain that all positions have been filled. And not by him.

Sigh.

This sad state of affairs makes me grateful for my own luck at landing the SCSD job. We went to a wedding this past weekend, and NONE of my classmates in attendance had found a job. The pickens is scarce in this area, I guess, so I can't be mad -- or even short-tempered -- with Scholar. It's not his fault. Thank the powers that be, one of us will be working full-time in September. Scholar will have to sub. This means money will still be tight, and insurance will still be an issue, and so on, and so on.

And here I thought we were getting ahead.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Is he ready to accept my exotic-dancer plan? You'd have beaucoup bucks coming in...

*this may be why Tammy is the financial planner*

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home