Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Scholar tells it like it is

So my sister and I were having this little argument last night, and I let her know exactly what I thought of her possible course of action. She was less than pleased at my candor, and let me know exactly what she thought of my well-intentioned advice. We hung up a few moments later, but I pretty much seethed all night.

At 2 a.m., I woke up and I was still mad. I was so mad, I was actually twisting my bed sheet around and around in my hands. Finally, I rolled over and poked Scholar. "Are you awake?" I asked.

"Yes," he mumbled.

"Well, I can't sleep." I proceeded to rant about the argument, and how Rider was being so insensitive and not taking any of my feelings into account, and how dare she after all I've been through...and then I asked him, "Am I being unreasonable? Is this just a knee-jerk reaction to that old stuff?"

"No," Scholar said as he kissed me on the shoulder. "It's a jerk reaction."

"I'm being a jerk?"

"Uh-huh."

Can't argue with that kind of wit -- at least not at 2 a.m. And for some reason, that settled things. I could sleep again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, at least you know your knee is OK!

Thinking of you today :)

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home