Thursday, May 18, 2006

Is the ticker annoying?

Be honest now.

I kind of like it. I think the bright graphics enliven my blog, and I feel pretty proud that I found a way to keep track of my timeline without actually having to buy a calendar or count. Don't want to strain myself, right?

There were plenty of options from which to choose. A veritable plethora of baby-tickers. You could have a baby in a car, a baby climbing a mountain, or a stork flying closer and closer to a trim, white farmhouse. I chose the ticker without the baby, because hey! I like to keep a little of the mystery. We know there is a white sailboat approaching a pier called "Babyland," but -- and this is the lynchpin, folks -- what is the sailboat really carrying? It could be a baby (boy or girl). It could be refugees from some foreign country. It could be illicit drugs, or smuggled ammo, or something. It could be reanimated zombies from Monster Island.

You just don't know, do you? Makes the heart on the sailboat a little more ominous, doesn't it? Suddenly, you're thinking that maybe the heart doesn't represent cute baby love. MAYBE IT'S WHAT THEY WANT FOR DINNER...

Yeah, maybe you're thinking that. Or maybe you're thinking that I have an abundantly fertile imagination and way too much time on my hands. You are so right.

But do you like my ticker?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I do..although now I have "sailing away" by some obnoxious pop band that you would obviously know the name of and I'll never think of even though when you chime in with who it is I'll nod knowingly like I get it when in truth I'm thinking "did she sing with Bonnie Raitt?" stuck in my head.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Tierant said...

Styx: Come Sail Away

Christopher Cross: Sailing

John Denver: Calypso

The Beach Boys: Sloop John B

Take your pick...

6:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No, it was a girlie-girl band. I think they wore bangles, were bangles, or had a b in their name. Or maybe they were Kylie Mignoue or belinda carlisle. I often confuse them, although not when I can actually see them.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home