Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sheesh!

I'm sorry I've been away from the Blogosphere, kids, but I have a compelling reason: I'm damn tired. I don't want to give a lot of details -- one never knows who will stumble onto a painfully honest blog like mine. Suffice it to say that there's been work. A lot of unexpected, unrecompensed work. The kind that one can't really refuse, even when common sense dictates otherwise.

So I've been working. It's fun, this teaching thing, and I love the kids. The real work I'm doing is for them, and so it's worth every bead of sweat. I know it's going to be hard to leave this school, and I'm hoping that the extra work I'm doing will win me an opportunity to stay.

Wish me luck, blog friends. That is, if you can remember who I am...

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Remember who you are:

You are a novelist-in-Waiting

You are one knockout singer

You are a fine appreciator of bad jokes

You are a loyal friend

You are not the best grilled cheese maker, I admit, but you do have fine taste in restaurants

And those kids are lucky to have you.

Don't you forget it, missy!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Tierant said...

I like my grilled cheese sandwiches COOKED. You like them RAW. And yet, we're such good friends...

I especially like the part where you said I was a knockout. I agree, I agree!

Can't wait to see you this weekend, girl. Any chance you could get away from the kids and we could have lunch at the Ground Round or something? Not that I don't want to see the kids, but I miss our Lindsay's luncheons...If not, that's okay too. I'll see you soon!

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will buy you both lunch to stop this mutual admiration society. Get a room….Love ya Hill-billy

9:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've got Tammy coming and staying, so can't away. But you could come up -- and y'all could talk invitations too, and we'd have two dead birds with only one stone.

And hill-Billy, who needs a room when we've got all the glorious outdoors -- and thermal blankets aplenty?

11:20 AM  
Blogger Tierant said...

I forgot about Tammy's visit, and yes, it would be good if I could talk to her about...wait! Invitations? I thought she was outsourcing! We need to talk about programs and wedding songs, too. So I'll call when we arrive on Sat (staying till Tues now).

And don't mind ole hill-billy. He's just jealous that we *have* a Mutual Admiration Society, and he's just got the Sister Fan Club (that one might have different benefits -- and if it does, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT).

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home