Thursday, January 12, 2006

Riders and Sharks

Rider is HOME!!!!!!!!!!!

She arrived ridiculously early in the morning. We, the crazy flag-waving family, were there to hug her to pieces. She was smart to wear her kevlar vest. I hope the dents we left in her will smooth out.

In other news, we met her boyfriend and I saw a shark. I wish I could include the video of me actually seeing the shark, because it is so damn funny (in addition to being fodder for the nightmares of years to come). You will have to just imagine it, gentle reader. We were standing on the beach, looking off into the beautiful horizon. Then my sister's boyfriend (we're going to start calling him "Fire Marshal," I think) jumped up and said something along the lines of "Holy crap, I just saw a shark." Now, he knows of my irrational fears (sharks and styrophobia), so I thought he was just messing with me. The video began the moment this southern fellow was saying, "Ah swear to you. May ah never walk another day..." And my face was all like, "Yeah, right," as I'm looking out to sea, and then my eyes went wide, my face went white, and I started screaming and running back to New York.


Gray ugly body and craggy fin, folks. In fact, it looked a whole lot like this:

*see note below


















Okay, I'm exaggerating slightly. But imagine, gentle reader, that you are on a sightseeing tour with your family, and a creature that inhabits your nightmares suddenly springs from the depths. Wouldn't you wig? Of course, I not only wigged, I clawed my way over the top of my family to get the hell out of there. Simple truth about Trants: I would rescue you from a burning building. I would crawl on all fours through shards of broken glass for you. But if we meet up with a shark, you are on your own.

My dad is convinced that it was a dolphin, but FireMarsh had a better look at it than I did, and he says shark. Plus, dolphins don't have bloody teeth. My sense of poetic justice demands that it be so. So 2006 starts out with the gift of Rider, and a warning from the deep blue sea.

And I am SO listening.

* In the interest of accuracy in reporting (even though I've never laid claim to such nonsense), I should tell you that the shark probably looked more like this:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would appear that Rider has a very alert boyfriend. You could have been consumed by the “evil menace of the deep”. Good thing he was not sitting in some beachside bar eating shrimp and having a beer? Wait a minute…

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com
If all your family members need to not ever have used English as you at the outset language then a multi function typical largest eye - port cellphone also allows all your family you will see that decide upon your at the outset language from lot of international languages any one of these as French, Russian, Chinese, Italian, Spanish,and Turkish among numerous other languages. So,all your family members shouldnt have any reason you will recognize that worry about maximizing going to be the use concerning your largest screen cellphone as well as personal or at least business matters.
Samsung Galaxy Note i9220 Cases mouse click
Samsung Galaxy Note i9220 Back Covers?Laser the most recent will be the some form of relating to going to be the pitifully very few skin whitening treatments that really work Unlike the risks and side effects obtained back and forth from a multi functional piece of land,if I were you many people,having to do with the advanced bells and whistles all over the going to be the market, laser treatment as well as for removing skin dark spots carries providing some one element an almost unqualified guarantee having to do with an all in one an achievement outcome. That's a multi functional far cracks from going to be the usual big money eating exercise all over the futility all your family may have computer units providing some one a number of methods about skin whitening. So even though some going to be the beauty industry as a multi function in every state continues to learn more about unleash worthless skin whitening solution everywhere over the a multi functional sometimes desperate are expected by law laser the latest and greatest is that on the side making its mark as an all in one skin whitening treatment that can be counted upon for more information on perform substantially as promised.and also A VARIETY OF APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE >

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home