Sunday, November 27, 2005

Trantsition

I was thinking today about how they ought to invent a word that means Beginning and Ending at the same time. And then I realized that there was one, so I'm using it as this post's title (albeit with a Trantsian twist). Y'see, college classes are almost done, and student teaching is close to starting. And after that, still more flux. We must find jobs, pick a place to live, maybe have a baby, buy a house, etc.

How about some stability for a change?

I'm in P'burgh right now, after a weekend-long binge of eating turkey, visiting with friends, and hanging with family. I also wrote until 2 a.m., and shared this writing with Cin and company. Apparently, the company (her daughter) really enjoyed the story snippet I read aloud to them. What's really funny is that I'm more gushy over the reaction of the 2nd grader than Cin's (helpful) observations. This is because Cindy is a peer, and peers are great and all, but Harmony is my Audience. And the Audience dug my story, folks. She wanted to know more.

This necessitates the writing of More. But it's hard to settle down and write when everything is moving and nothing seems permanent. Kind of like writing a paper after a night at the bars, but Lord knows I've done that in my sordid past, so it's really not an excuse.

Harm also gave me a thought, and it's sending me spinning. She said that kids can't beat grown-ups; they have to trick them. I think that's the truth, and my heroes are going to have to pull off a mother of a trick to get what they need. How does one trick a supernatural and incredibly evil trio?

I'll think on it more, but the tryptophan has corrupted my mind. Must sleep...Must sleep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home