Thursday, September 01, 2005

Captain Rider!

Sounds like a 1950s television show, doesn't it? Like the Lone Ranger or Captain Midnight? Well, my little adventuress/sister went and got herself promoted. Captain Rider -- it has a certain ring to it. Now all she needs is a trusty steed and a wise-ass sidekick. Oh, wait -- we've got those covered.

What's really cute is that right after I told her how proud I was of her, I asked this gung-ho military veteran if there was anything she needed. She requested hand lotion and slippers.

SLIPPERS?

Did the Lone Ranger wear slippers?????

Oh, I'll get them for her. As her loving big sister, I'd be a fool to miss such an ideal opportunity to tease her. I will find slippers suitable for her rank and station -- probably something in bunny. And don't tell me I'm mean to pick on her, blogosphere.

This is what wise-ass sidekicks do.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the Lone Ranger was walking barefoot on floors that looked like mine, he'd wear slippers too.

12:59 AM  
Blogger Tierant said...

The Lone Ranger doesn't walk barefoot, Rider. He sleeps with his boots on. DUH!

I love that you want slippers, and it's tax-free week here. I'm looking for the bestest, fuzziest, outrageiest slippers I can find.

Keep reading my blog, sis. I got a project I'm posting shortly. Love you SO much!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

*Volunteers her fuzzy white horse slippers* Wasn't the Lone Ranger's Horse White? And they make a funny neigh noise when you press down on the nose...great for military security, I'm sure.

Very happy for Rider. At least if she has to something insanely dangerous, she's doing very well at it :)

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home