Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Inquisitive bloggers want to know...

As you can see in the previous entry, I am getting spammed. It's not to the point yet where I will have to turn off the anonymous comment feature, but it's definitely grating on me. Why? Well, I wouldn't mind being spammed if these were literate spammers. My spammers are leaving intelligent tidbits like: "I read your blog and I found it inquisitive."

What does that mean, exactly?

Maybe my blog is asking them a lot of questions. Maybe just as they're trying to fall asleep, they are hounded by my blog. "Why is the sky blue?" "Why do penguins have wings?" "Can I have a drink of water?" Maybe my inquisitive blog is demanding the answers to major conundrums like stem cell research and cloning. Maybe it's so curious that the spammers want to choke it (hence the multiple comments). As I scroll back through my entries, I discover that many have found my blog inquisitive. So many, in fact, that I'm embarrassed. If only my blog could learn to behave in public! Now I'll have to spank it for its 'satiable curtiousity and send it off to the banks of the great, green, greasy Limpopo River (all set about with fever trees).

This may seem cruel, but it's for its own good. After all, it's only a matter of time before "inquisitive" becomes "impertinent," and I will not have a sassy blog mouthing off to me all the time. Blogs need boundaries. You can't let them have an inch, or they'll walk all over you. First it's the spammers visiting, then the weirdos (like the commenters on my "painted toenails" entry). And then, before you know it, your inquisitive blog is chain-smoking and drinking Smirnoff coolers while waiting for the baby to be born.

I. Won't. Have. It.

From now on, NO ONE better find my blog inquisitive. You can find it intriguing, stimulating, dreadful, daring, boring, intelligent, stupid, witty, or wise -- but "inquisitive" is off-limits. Think of the children, people. By God, think of the children.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have read your blog and found it most stimulatingly inquisitive...so much so that in fact I cannot help but recommend to your serene highness the expectation of delighted physicality of my blog on donuts, dragons, and desire.

Children my ass.

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only speak for those of us that do not have your fancified book education, but I think what that fellow meant was your blog was so gawd dog awful you should be brought up on charges at the next inquisition not” I read your blog and I found it inquisitive." Shoot fire little missy all of make mistakes now and again. You ever took a gander at Rider’s boyfriend. Looks worse than a road-kilt possum on a hot July day. Hell that boy wouldn’t know a shark if it sat beside him on a bar stool. A sharks mouth has more teeth in it than O’lde Hill-Billy’s whole University. I fur 1 like your-a Blogg written.Course my Paw got to read it to me…

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I n t h e i n t e r e s t o f E d u c a t i o n a n d W o r l d p e a c e I o f f e r t h e f o l l o w i n g f r o m W e b s t e r ' s .

i n q u i s i t i v e | i n » k w i z i t i v ; i n g - | a d j e c t i v e c u r i o u s o r i n q u i r i n g : h e w a s v e r y c h a t t y a n d i n q u i s i t i v e a b o u t e v e r y t h i n g . " u n d u l y c u r i o u s a b o u t t h e a f f a i r s o f o t h e r s ; p r y i n g : I d i d n ' t w a n t t o s e e m i n q u i s i t i v e .

I w o u l d h o p e t h a t w e c o u l d a l l a g r e e t h a t T r a n t s c o n t e n t s a r e i n n o w a y u n d u l y c u r i o u s o r p r y i n g . T e d i o u s a n d b a n a l a r e w o r d s t h a t c o m e t o m y m i n d . In closing please remember to spay and neuter your pets. This is Bob Barker signing off for the prices right.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Tierant said...

Hey --

Learn to use the blog before you comment, Nerd! Otherwise, you just look like an ignorant hillbilly.

And I am NOT banal. EVER!

Love, Trants

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh guess I should have put some spaces between words hugh...? My Goodness I guess I should have gone to Brockport where you learn to use the new fangled gramatical tools such as space between words.

Remember what Smokey the Bear say's"Help prevent Forest fires sleep with a Fireman.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Tierant said...

But how do you help prevent firemen?

9:20 PM  
Blogger Tierant said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home