Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Getting my kicks

This child is definitely active. This morning, at about 5:30, the baby kicked me right out of bed (well, not really), so I came downstairs and did Something Productive. I overhauled Scholar's teaching portfolio. Added some nifty graphics, edited some of his writing, and just generally made myself indispensable.

Put that office work together with -- oh, I don't know. How about several resumes, job applications, and personal statements? And now the Brother would like some help with his resume! For someone who already has a job lined up, why do I feel the stress of hunting for one?

The baby will do his/her own resume, believe me! And there's another kick, just as an accent.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this child must be taking after uncle Hill-Billy. I love to pick on the Twin-Towers-O-Power Girls. Rider and Her Older Sis. Older Sis, yeah Older. Did I spell Old the right way? Well I'll know soon enough Rider will call and correct my spelling. I tried to call the 1-800-TEA-CHME line (get it TEACH ME) , however I guess Dallas Mav fans go to sleep early. Well I guess I should just be happy, I know the whole Family and love them all. I am being sincere when I post this for once. Rider and her family are the most wonderful people I know. I count myself lucky to have found such a wonderful woman and to have been welcomed into her family. Trants and Scholar I look forward to the wonderful event of the birth of your child.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Tierant said...

Aw, shucks, Billy. I can almost forgive you for rooting for the Heat.

I'm sorry I missed your call. I went to bed about two minutes into the second quarter, and the air conditioner and my ear plugs were on. I went right to sleep. But I guess it's just as well, because I heard you were calling to tease me about my Mavericks fetish. Sorry -- I just gotta love the Nowitski.

It's nice to have you sincere once in a while. We are the most wonderful people you know (grin).

8:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

FYI...babies don't need resumes. They come already qualified to rule the world.

Hee hee. That's probably funnier in my head than it is typed out, but trust me. The delivery was spot on -- Mike Myers in austin powers, Baby.

My god, I made a semi-popular culture reference. I need to go lay down.

Did you know there was a basketball series on? The tall guys won. :) I would have watched, but there was this whole "da Vinci code" code thing on, and I waited for HOURS for them to show the real time cruxifiction of Dan Brown for his sins against literature and history, but I must have dozed off *just* before the exciting bits.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home