Friday, December 31, 2004

Under the Weather

And suddenly, I'm sick.

Not just sick. Sick. Ear-popping, nostril-oozing, chest-rattling sick. We've gone from minor inconvenience(but a good excuse to sleep a lot) to "my God, there's an elephant sitting on my ribs." Part of me wants to believe that the plugged-up ear is finally draining, that the cold is finally passing. I should be well in no time. See that light at the end of the tunnel?

The other part of me is fairly certain that it's no light -- it's the headlamp of the Misery Express, which is currently barreling my way. I'll gift you with one last rational thought before I claw my way up the stairs and crawl under my covers to hibernate for the rest of December (and possibly into March). It's not a very nice thought. I'm not particularly proud of this thought. But the fact that I'm this sick has to be blamed upon someone, and I can only crook my tired, aching finger (yes, even my digits ache) at one person. She alone shall shoulder the guilt. She alone must bear the responsibility of contaminating me. Yes, she's just a toddler, but that's life.

Nadia, you are in BIG trouble. When I get up there, I'm going to give you what-for. What for? For getting me sick, twerp!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So when she's sick, you're sick?

Right now she's dancing around the living room, attempting to stick pencils up her nose whilst kicking a soggy diaper off her left ankle.

Have at it, Champ.

We want pictures.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Tierant said...

La-la-la; I'm not listening to you. I have my hands over my poor ears and my eyes shut tight. Because if Nadia's not sick, that means this cold I've had since December 10th has progressed to the doctor stage. Quite possibly the ER stage. And I refuse to accept that.

La-la-la-la-la.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Seriously -- Nadia's popped a new tooth through her gums and had giganto poops later that day -- neither of which seemed to affect her sinuses, ears or breathing.

I doubt you're teething, and chances are you're not manifesting sinusitis as a result of constipation. Maybe you do need a dr. :(

3:45 PM  
Blogger Avalo said...

GO SE THE DOCTOR! You probably have an ear infection that has gone to a ear nose and god knows what else! Get better soon! I am missing you! GO TO THE DOCTOR!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Tierant said...

Yes, well, uh... you see...

Everyone's closed. Something about a holiday or something. I WILL go on Monday, I promise.

And no, my fingers aren't crossed.

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my basketball recruiting site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home