Thursday, December 30, 2004

The Long Haul

Well, it took nearly a week, but our Christmas has finally ended. We scarfed up some very good loot. Almost worth the thousands of dollars I spent on family and friends (because, as you know, it's only Christmas if you also bought something for me. It's not the thought that counts, dammit. It's the PRESENT!).

Today I went out in my exceptionally warm insulated winter-gear (Rider) and new jacket (pockets stuffed with cash courtesy of Mum and Da). As I schlepped along with my new tack trunk (Rider), I reflected on the knowledge I'd absorbed in reading my two new horse books (Rider). I watered and vittled the equines, then returned to the house to eat some candy (Family), popcorn (Family) and shrimp (Da-- who else would give shrimp for Christmas!). Later today, I plan to read a chapter each of the following books: The Speckled Monster (Cindy); The Talisman (Scholar); Eats, Shoots and Leaves (Mother-in-law); and James and the Giant Peach (Sister-in-law). If time permits, I'll also spend a gift certificate (my extended family) and listen to some CD's (Scholar). I may cut some vegetables for stir-fry on my mandoline slicer (Mother-in-law), and place the scalding plate of stir-fry on one of my new trivets (Mother-in-law) while looking at the Fairies calendar (Sister-in-law) and thinking, "My, where has the time gone?"

I'd list more, but I'm tired now. Think I'll go take a hot bubble bath and slather myself with lotion from Bath and Body Works (Nussie).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home