Sunday, November 12, 2006

Not Dead...

Hello, Blog Fans.

I have been waiting patiently for our new modem to arrive, and huzzah! Here she be! So now I'm all jacked in and ready to update about life -- mine, Scholar's, et al.

Things are well in the baby department. I know, because I've spent a lot of time there lately. Had a bout of false labor on Monday morning, and the nurses at my practice only smirked, rather than outright laughed at me. The practice contractions are intense -- and can I ask, please, why they need to be practiced at all? I am confident that crying with pain is a skill I'll develop quickly when the time comes. Whimpering with pain isn't practice -- it's annoyance!

School is fine. I love my kids; I will miss them so much while I'm on leave. I have some dreamy writers in my classes, and I love looking at the younger versions of me and Colleen and Cindy and Derek. So nice to know that we aren't fading out.

And now I have to grade 45 unit tests on The Crucible. BTW, Daniel Day Lewis in the movie version looks remarkably like a crush many of us used to have in the good ole Crisis days. But the crush actually turned out to be a better actor, didn't he?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, but DDL had the better agent.

And there, my dear, lies the rub.

Well that, and the fact that a certain correspondant has lost your email at school somewheres and hence cannot email you.

Although not much to report.

We're counting on you to be the provider of newsy-bits, you know.

Bouncing, squalling newsy bits.

Also: Pacifiers yes/no?

11:34 AM  
Blogger Tierant said...

Pacifiers definitely. For me AND the baby.

The bouncing, squalling bits still seem confined to my nether regions. Doctor says baby has dropped and...stuff...is thinning out. Won't be long now.

We have moved, but don't have long distance yet. I will e-mail you the school address, although I'm back on-line now and can check any of my various accounts.

I sure have missed you. And IMHO, DDL has nicer buttocks. Not that I notice these things.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home