Saturday, April 30, 2005

The End

We have reached the end, the grand finale, the closing curtain on Spring Semester, 2005. This weekend, also known as Crunch Time, is packed with papers, presentations, and portfolios (yes, I'm serious -- they all start with P's). I have a major project due in every class next week; one delightful teacher has assigned TWO. And I've made it my goal to have all these items ready for turn-in by Monday. I am not going to spend this entire week working my fingers into tiny nubs as I scramble to complete assignments at the last minute. I am headed to the library now. I'm bringing ear plugs, money, and stressbusters (don't ask me what they are. You don't want to know). I'm almost done with two of the projects...but I have four more to go. Sigh. And don't tell me I've had all semester to do them. You'd be right, but don't tell me that. Who asked you to visit my blog, anyway? Begone, all of you!

That's it. You've insulted me with your lectures about procrastination. I can still hear you! So maybe I should have been working on my journals all along. Maybe I could have gotten my HLS presentation done weeks ago. But how am I supposed to juggle school and my many social obligations, yet still have time to make the world safe for democracy? I'd like to see you all try it! Of course, you probably wouldn't be glued to the couch watching CNN cover the stirring story of the Runaway Bride from Georgia.

I'll be quiet now...

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Are "Stressbusters" small and battery powered or tiny peanutty bits of chocolate covered goodness? Inquiring minds want to know.

Procrastination also starts with P. Coincidence? I think not, says "I have 8 articles to write in the next 7 days girl"

12:28 PM  
Blogger Tierant said...

My stressbusters were long, thin, and filled with adrenaline. That's alz I'm saying.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL Props to my homey Engleburtis!

Dat's als I's sayin' yo.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home