Friday, January 07, 2005

Death Bed

Still sick. This cold has impressive tenacity. It just keeps hanging in there. Today, I succumbed to the inevitable and crawled under my blankets. I slept from noon to four p.m. Somebody peeped in to check on me, but I didn't even acknowledge his/her presence. I slept as though I was in a coma.

And you know what? I feel better. Maybe if I sleep all weekend, the cold will get bored with me and go fester somewhere else. All I know is I am SICK of it, and I am going to fight the damn thing with the rage of angels. I will not spend my whole winter coughing/aching/sneezing/sniffling/popping/whining. As God is my witness!

So saith I.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, my poor darling! If you want, I'll go buy a phone card and ring you and read stories to you over the phone so you can be lulled off to sleep by my droning monotone...

My family wants your blog link -- so don't be surprised if the brauchler clan pops in to wish you well as well

8:02 PM  
Blogger Avalo said...

Poor love! Let us postpone our visit until you feel better. I'll give you a call this evening when I get home from work, around 9:30, and if you are still awake we will plan. I am sorry you are feeling so yucky!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home